Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The mass adoption of social media, advances in new technologies, and the accumulation of large amounts of data has made information central to many aspects of work and life. Digital information has revolutionised the way we do business. Its capture, strategic use and associated technology in the business environment is the discipline of information systems. Created in response to the rapid growth in the use of information systems and eBusiness applications by businesses and governments internationally, Deakin’s Master of Information Systems enables you to develop specialist skills in business-oriented principles and practices of information systems and eBusiness. You’ll explore the strategic use of information in a business and policy context, while gaining a sound technical understanding and capability in specific areas of information systems, particularly information security, supply chain management, and project management.
Those seeking a broad view of information systems and their management in a business context
- 16 credit points total which include
- 12 credit points of core units
- 4 credit points of elective units
- Students also complete one zero credit point academic integrity module.
- Academic Research, Accounting
- Artificial Intelligence for Business
- Arts and Cultural Industries
- Business Analytics
- Digital Transformation
- Event Management
- Financial Planning
- Human Resource Management
- International Trade and Business
- Management Consulting
- Project Management
- Property and Real Estate
- Public Sector Studies
- Supply Chain Management.
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor degree or other qualification at a higher AQF level in any discipline
- Or evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent
- Or for international applicants: successful completion of Masters Qualifying Program (MQP)
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement
The Master of Information Systems is accredited by the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate of Information Systems allows articulation into this course with credit for units completed. Applicants may be eligible for Credit for Prior Learning for appropriate units of completed postgraduate study. Alternative exits: Graduate Certificate of Information Systems; Graduate Diploma of Information Systems.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne Burwood||Domestic: $57,376|
Campuses: Cloud(online), Melbourne Burwood.
Course fee shown is indicative and actual fees may vary.