Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Intended to prepare trained teachers for supporting students with specific needs in either a regular classroom or in a special education facility. The course provides studies of both a theoretical and practical nature. Within this stream, teachers will enhance their skills in assessing and planning for students with diverse abilities. This will provide both regular class teachers and those who work in special education support facilities, with the skills to organise effective programs for all children in their classes.
4 units: 60 credit points
- Foundation Studies and Current Issues in Special Education
- Instructional Design for Special Education
- Direct Instruction and Teaching Effectiveness in Special Education
- Strategies for Learning Difficulties
- Independent Study
- How Children Learn Literacy: Processes, Development, Difficulties
- How Children Learn Mathematics: Processes, Development, Difficulties
Standard entry requirements
University admission requirements apply. All applicants are required to have a Bachelor of Education, with equivalents considered. Alternatively applicants can have a three-year degree and a Graduate Diploma of Education, with equivalents considered. Special entry may be considered for three-year trained teachers with extensive professional experience.
Master of Education
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
||No information available||Yes||
Related careers: Special Needs Teacher, Special Education Teacher