Type of institution: Registered Training Organisation
This qualification defines the skills and knowledge required of a heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) tradesperson within metal, engineering, manufacturing and associated industries. The qualification has been specifically developed for apprentices in the above trade. The qualification packaging has been developed on an assumption that competency will be developed through a combination of on and off-the-job learning strategies such as those delivered through a formal apprenticeship. The qualification may also be achieved through formal skills recognition assessment processes.The skills associated with this qualification are intended to apply to a wide range HVAC/R work, including assembling, installing, maintaining and repairing industrial, commercial and domestic air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment.This qualification is designed to provide an industry recognised skills profile related to trade work as a refrigeration and air conditioning tradesperson. Skills development should be undertaken through an Australian Apprenticeship arrangement where the mix of on and off-the-job training would be specified in the Training Plan associated with the Contract of Training between the employer and apprentice.Assessment of some units of competency must, where indicated, include evidence of the candidate's performance in a functioning workplace where there is a sufficient range of appropriate tasks and materials to cover the scope of application of those units. All outcomes must reflect the standard of performance inherent in the job.The Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Legislation Amendment Bill 2003 and the Ozone Protection and Synthetic Gas Management Regulations 1995 apply to this qualification which incorporates national refrigerant handling licences and refrigerant trading authorisations. Refer to the Australian Refrigeration Council website for required units of competency to meet the refrigerant handling licence requirements. Licensing and regulatory information is included in the relevant units of competence.
- Shut down and isolate machines/equipment
- Organise and communicate information
- Test, recover, evacuate and charge refrigeration systems
- Service and repair domestic and light commercial refrigeration and air conditioning equipment
- Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
- Perform inspection
- Work safely with industrial chemicals and materials
- Disconnect/reconnect fixed wired equipment over 1000 volts a.c./1500 volts d.c.
- Install, service and repair domestic air conditioning and refrigeration appliances
- Perform basic statistical quality control
- Maintain and repair commercial and/or industrial refrigeration and/or air conditioning controls
- Erect/dismantle scaffolding and equipment
- Perform operational maintenance of machines/equipment
- Maintain and repair multistage, cascade and/or ultra-cold industrial refrigeration systems
- Plan work activities
- Disconnect/reconnect fixed wired equipment up to 1000 volts a.c./1500 volts d.c.
- Operate as a team member to conduct manufacturing, engineering
Standard entry requirements
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
||No information available||Yes||No information available|