Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Learn the skills to launch your own startup or design, manage and grow a project within a company. You will be prepared for the business world by undertaking a practical placement, internship or project as part of our Work Integrated Learning program. Customise your degree by undertaking a double major across many of our programs, making you more employable in the highly competitive graduate market as an Entrepreneur, Manager, Market Researcher or Business Analyst.
The program consists of 16 core courses and 8 electives.
- Principles of Accounting and Finance
- Preparing for Professional Experience
- Fundamentals of Law
- Management Principles
- Principles of Economics
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Principles of Responsible Business
- Managerial Research Methods
- Business Communications
- Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation
- Project Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Managing People at Work
- Creativity and Innovation
- Entrepreneurial Business Planning.
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 - Prerequisites Units 3 and 4 a study score of at least 20 in any English
- ATAR. Non Year 12 - Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level, including any 'single subjects of study', or successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as the Federation Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST)
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Applicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies should include a personal statement detailing all relevant experience to strengthen their application.
Credit will be considered if you have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies in a relevant area. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on your eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications. Candidates seeking alternate entry to the Bachelor of Business can consider the following options; Enrol in single units(courses) such as: BUACC1508 Principles of Accounting and Finance BUMKT1501 Introduction to Marketing BULAW1502 Fundamentals of Law BUHRM1501 Introduction into Human Resource Management Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST) - designed to provide you an alternate entry into tertiary study. On successful completion of FAST, students can apply for the Bachelor of Business for the next semester.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||
Further information: study.federation.edu.au