Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Combine study and practical industry experience. Receive a scholarship of $42,000 over the final two years of this degree as you study and undertake 1600 hours of work integrated learning with IBM® in Ballarat. Second and third year subjects are aligned with your agreed industry focus area in either software development, cloud or mainframe. This is a four year degree however fast track options are available and encouraged.
This program consists of 360 credit points. Industry experience is a key and compulsory component of this degree. You will complete 20 core courses and 4 specialisation electives as well as undertake 1600 hours of industry experience with IBM (and/or other industry sponsors). All students must complete specified industry experience in order to successfully complete the program.
- Software Development
- Cloud and Mainframe
- Information Technology
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 - Prerequisites Units 1 and 2: satisfactory completion in two units (any study combination) of Maths: General Mathematics, Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematics or Units 3 and 4: any Mathematics
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any English
- ATAR. Non Year 12 - Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level, including any 'single subjects of study', or successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as the Federation University Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST)
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Applicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies should include a personal statement detailing all relevant experience to strengthen their application. Successful completion of Australian Year 12 with final-year mathematics courses
- Or overseas equivalent. This program is offered to international students by alternate entry only. International students should enrol in the Bachelor of Information Technology
- And then after one or more semesters with excellent results, the University may invite them to undertake an interview to transfer into the Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional Practice). Academic IELTS with an Overall score of 6.0, with no band less than 5.5, or equivalent.
This program holds Professional Level accreditation with the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Credit will be considered if you have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies in a relevant field. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on your eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications. If you are seeking alternate entry into the Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional Practice) you can consider applying for the following programs: Bachelor of Information Technology; Diploma of Information Technology; Diploma of Digital Media Technologies; Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST) - designed to provide you an alternate entry into tertiary study. Candidates wishing to add this program during the VTAC Change of Preference period should contact Federation University Australia to request an interview. Students can progress to the Bachelor of Science (Honours) as a prelude to a higher degree in research or a professional qualification.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $74,100||
Further information: study.federation.edu.au