Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This qualification is part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package. It is a specialist wool classing qualification for wool classers and enables them to apply for registration with AWEX Ltd. as a professional Australian wool classer.
14 core units
- Core: Maintain WHS processes
- Provide first aid
- Appraise wool using industry descriptions
- Prepare wool based on its characteristics
- Prepare fleece wool for classing
- Prepare skirtings and oddments
- Document a wool clip
- Determine wool classing strategies
- Plan, implement and review wool harvesting and clip preparation
- Establish work routines and manage wool harvesting and preparation staff
- Class fleece wool
- Implement and monitor quality assurance procedures
- Press wool for a clip
- Perform shed duties.
Standard entry requirements
No minimum education
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Rowan (Rural Science)||
||No information available||Yes||No information available|
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship.