Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This qualification is part of the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package. It reflects the role of individuals who use sound knowledge of industry operations and a broad range of managerial skills to coordinate hospitality operations. It provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector including restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
- 28 units: 13 core
- 15 elective
- Core: Manage diversity in the workplace
- Manage operational plan
- Enhance the customer service experience
- Manage quality customer service
- Manage conflict
- Manage finances within a budget
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- plus more. Elective: Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- Work effectively in hospitality service
- Maintain hard floor surfaces
- Clean premises and equipment
- Produce Asian appetisers and snacks
- Respond to a customer in crisis
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
Applicant must possess a lower level qualification or relevant vocational experience in hospitality or related fields.
The Diploma of Hospitality Management articulates into the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
||No information available||No||No information available|
Applicants must possess Australian Core Skills Framework levels of at least 3 across reading, writing, learning, oral communication, and numeracy skills to successfully complete this program. Students who do not possess these skills to the level required will be enrolled in additional subjects to build the required skills.