Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course provides participants with an introduction to literacy, numeracy and communication skills. Students will learn to recognise and write the alphabet and numbers, read social sight words and signs, respond to simple instructions, participate in short conversations, provide basic personal information and complete a simplified formatted text.
- Decoding words and simple sentences
- Preliminary learning strategies
- Engaging in short exchanges
- Giving basic personal information
- Recognising and writing letters
- Recognising and writing numbers
- Recognising common visual symbols
- Understanding time and money
- Writing words and simple sentences.
Standard entry requirements
No minimum education