Type of institution: Registered Training Organisation
This qualification is part of the Information and Communications Technology Training Package. It provides the foundation skills and knowledge to use information and communications technology in any industry.
- 14 units: 7 core
- 7 elective
- Core: Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Use computer operating systems and hardware
- Work and communicate effectively in an ICT environment
- Operate application software packages
- Operate a digital media technology package
- Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement. Electives: Assist with a basic camera shoot
- Maintain interactive content
- Perform basic vision and sound editing
- Maintain inventories for equipment, software and documentation
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
No minimum education
Students who successfully complete Certificate II in Information Technology may articulate directly into the Certificate III in Information Technology.