Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This degree aims to provide students with an understanding of the significance of sport and physical activity within the context of a healthy lifestyle, and to establish the foundations for students to become effective professionals in, and advocates for, sport and physical activity. It also aims to equip students with a wider knowledge base by combining the study of sport and physical activity with other areas including health and nutrition, tourism, business and disability. The degree will prepare graduates for a career in the sport development, sport coaching, leisure, health, sport and event management industries.
- Students will engage with all aspects of sport from a variety of disciplinary viewpoints, including sociological and biophysical perspectives. Students will undertake core sports and health based topics in combination with topics in business, tourism, nutrition and health sciences. The course structure offers students the ability to develop skills and knowledge in areas such as: physical activity
- sport coaching
- leisure activities
- sport for community development and social inclusion purposes
- and event management. In the final year of the course, students will be required to complete an industry placement/project. This course will provide graduates with the theoretical and practical knowledge, skills and industry contacts required to enter a sports related field of employment.
- Sport in Society
- Nutrition, Physical Activity and Health
- Introduction to Tourism Studies
- Sport and Physical Education
- Marketing Principles
- Management and Administration
- Exercise Physiology for Physical Educators
- and Nutrition for Sports Performance
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent qualifications
- Or mature age entry (STAT)
- Or TAFE/VET qualifications
- Or higher education transfers
- Or completion of a foundation studies program
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Bedford Park||No information available||No||No information available|
Students also have the option of combining this degree with one of the following Bachelor degrees, proving they meet the entry requirements for both: Business (Marketing), Business (Management), Communication and Professional Writing and Psychological Science.