Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package. It provides a general vocational outcome for a nurseryperson working in a production nursery. The nursery industry expects this qualification to be achieved to meet job outcomes at this level.
- 16 units: 11 core
- 5 elective
- Core: Contribute to WHS processes
- Provide information on plants and their culture
- Control weeds
- Implement a propagation plan
- Prepare and apply chemicals
- Maintain nursery plants
- Transport and store chemicals
- Troubleshoot irrigation systems
- plus more. Electives: Work effectively in an emergency disease or plant pest response
- Implement a maintenance program for hydroponic systems
- Operate pressurised irrigation systems
- Receive and dispatch nursery products
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
Year 10 or equivalent. Must have industry employment and registration with an Australian Apprenticeships Centre if enrolling as a Trainee/Apprentice under the Australian Apprenticeships Scheme.