Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This unique course provides a broad understanding of the operative and management interactions between the biological, physical, social, economic and political spheres impacting on current environmental issues. As well as studying one or two majors students can also choose a minor in Fisheries, Physical geography or an inter-disciplinary minor. Graduates will be equipped with the skills for immediate employment across Australia and internationally, particularly in the tropics.
72 credit points
- Biodiversity assessment and management
- Corporate environmental management
- Land and water management
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent. Assumed knowledge: English (Units 3/4,C)
- Mathematical methods (Units 3/4,C). Recommended: At least one of biology, chemistry, earth and environmental science, geography, marine science, specialist maths or physics. If students have not completed mathematical methods or equivalent in high school, they must complete an equivalent subject within this degree.
Environmental Institute of Australia and New Zealand
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|JCU Cairns||International: $103,440||Yes|
|JCU Townsville||International: $103,440||Yes|
International student visa-holders must not enrol in more than a third of the total credit points for the course in online, distance or external study.