Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program extends students' existing skills and knowledge in specialist areas of science. Each major provides specialised, hands-on training in field and laboratory settings, builds on foundational theories so graduates can contextualise their work, provides capstone experiences specific to the discipline, and also provides advanced training in verbal and written communication skills in the context of the discipline and community of practice.
48 credit points by coursework. The course structure is one major plus a stream. Stream options include: Research or Professional Employability.
- Aquaculture science and technology
- Environmental earth science
- Environmental management
- Fisheries science and management
- Global change biology
- Marine biology
- Tropical biology and conservation. Not all majors available at Cairns campus.
Standard entry requirements
- Completion of an AQF level 7 bachelor degree in science with a minimum grade point average of 5 (65%)
- Or equivalent.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|JCU Cairns||Domestic: $60,320|
|JCU Townsville||Domestic: $60,320|
For more information: https://www.jcu.edu.au/courses-and-study