Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Kick off your career in health. Fascinated by human biology and medicine? Biomedical science could be the field for you. La Trobe's Bachelor of Biomedical Science is ideal for students interested in human biology and allows you to tailor the degree toward your career interests. Combining the fields of biology and medical science, you'll open doors to careers across high-demand sectors including education, healthcare, media and research. In your first year, develop fundamental knowledge in areas across chemistry, bioscience and health, with an additional focus on psychology and how to work with individuals in health and human services settings. In your second year, build on these foundations with advanced topics in biomedical sciences that underpin your knowledge across chemistry, metabolic biochemistry, pharmacology and the growing need for expertise in immunology.
To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Biomedical Science, students must complete 360 credit points consisting of: 240 core credit points and 120 elective credit points
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Biology of Cell and Organism
- Chemistry 1a
- Chemistry 1b
- Foundations of Biomedical Science
- Human Biosciences A
- Human Biosciences B
- Introduction to Behavioural Neuroscience 1b
- Making Sense of Data
- Wominjeka La Trobe: Indigenous Cultural Literacy for Higher Education
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 English prerequisite (20) - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- Recent secondary education - UAC prerequisite: Year 12 subject prerequisite - One of English Standard, English Advanced (Band 2), English as an Additional Language or Dialect (Band 3).
- Non Year 12 - Vocational Education & Training: VET prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- Non Year 12 - Higher Education study: HE prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- International: IELTS - 6.5 < 6.0 (PG minimum) - 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo.
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Tuesday, Dec 7 2021
As part of the La Trobe Regional Reward program, students will be eligible for a work placement in their final year (WIL).