Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Advance your knowledge in professional accounting practice. Accounting expertise is valuable in any organisation. Upskill with foundational accounting knowledge and start your path towards a career as a professional accountant. Designed as a direct pathway to further study in professional accounting, La Trobe's Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting will teach you essential fundamentals in this in-demand field. Enjoy the opportunity for quick upskilling in this six-month program, where you'll learn from leading academics and hear guest lectures from industry experts. Explore a mix of accounting, finance, economics and other business-related studies. Once you've completed this course, you'll have the knowledge you need to study advanced accounting topics. You can use this as a pathway to our Master of Professional Accounting and Master of Extended Professional Accounting.
To qualify for the award of Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting, students must complete 60 credit points of study in total, consisting of: 45 core credit points 15 core choice credit points
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Accounting Principles and Practices
- Foundations of Company and Commercial Law
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Finance
- Statistics for Business and Finance
Standard entry requirements
- Postgraduate: Prerequisites - Undergraduate requirements - Successful completion of an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent).
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Bendigo, Melbourne, Sydney.
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Thursday, Aug 4 2022