Macquarie — ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world — is an institution engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives.
Since its foundation more than 50 years ago, Macquarie has aspired to be a different type of university: one that’s focused on fostering collaboration between students, academics, industry and society to advance world-class theoretical thinking and translating it into real-world solutions.
Macquarie is uniquely located in the heart of Australia’s largest high-tech precinct.
With more than 300 leading companies located on or around the Macquarie campus, students are able to tap into industry connections that give them an edge in their future careers.
Macquarie’s degrees ensure students graduate with the skills and experience that employers are looking for, which is why Macquarie is ranked in the top 10 in Australia for graduate employment.
Macquarie’s degrees are designed in consultation with industry and focus on practical, ‘real-world’ learning. Such learning is facilitated through unique programs such as the award-winning Global Leadership Program, recognised as Australia’s flagship tertiary global leadership program; PACE (Professional and Community Engagement), the only program of its kind in Australia that gives students practical, work-integrated experience that’s fully integrated into their degree; and one of Australia’s best exchange programs, which allows students to gain academic credit at one of 150 global partners along with job-ready skills before they graduate.
Macquarie’s 126-hectare campus in North Ryde is connected to the Sydney CBD by fast and efficient transport: 20 minutes by car and 30 minutes by train.
Macquarie at a glance:
- Ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world
- Five QS stars in teaching, employability, research, facilities, internationalisation, innovation, inclusiveness and specialist criteria
- Ranked among the top 110 universities in the world for employability (QS graduate employability rankings, 2020)
- 10 subjects ranked in top 100 globally (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2019)
- More than 150 partner universities for student exchange in more than 40 countries
- More than 30,000 work placements or community experiences through PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) partnerships
- More than 300 industry partners on campus or in the adjacent high-tech precinct, providing access to internship and job opportunities
- $1 billion invested to create a collaborative campus with world-class facilities and infrastructure
- Located in the heart of Sydney’s fastest-growing region, only 15 kilometres from the Sydney CBD
- Over 190,000 alumni from more than 140 countries
- Australia’s first fully integrated health precinct centred around the on-campus hospital
- 100% of research activity rated at world standard or above
- 30 researchers in the top 1% of scientific authors in the world
Provider CRICOS: 00002J; 02942D (ELC)