Macquarie University — ranked among the top one per cent of universities in the world — is recognised for producing graduates who are among the most sought-after professionals in the world.
Why study with us?
At Macquarie, we’re all about unconventional thinking, inspiring collaborations, and making connections with diverse people and perspectives to create real change. Whatever you choose to study, our future-focused approach to teaching and learning will help you become a confident and responsible leader in your field.
Our degrees are flexible and designed to multiply your employment potential, which is why Macquarie won the Employability Award in the Australian Financial Review Higher Education Awards 2020. Many of our degrees are co-designed with industry to help ensure you gain the transferrable skills employers are looking for. Our double degrees can also be personalised, so you choose the combination you consider will best kick-start your career.
Practical experiences with well-known organisations are built into all of our degrees through PACE (Professional and Community Engagement), giving you work-integrated learning and skills that equip you for the real world.
Facilities and services
Macquarie is located in the heart of Australia’s largest high-tech precinct. There are more than 300 leading companies located nearby, allowing you to tap into industry connections that give you an edge in your future career.
Our beautiful green campus is also home to some of Australia’s most exceptional facilities including the Macquarie University Hospital; a multi-award-winning incubator for budding entrepreneurs; a cybersecurity hub; a multi-million-dollar media hub; and cutting-edge science, computing, engineering and medical labs.
Getting to Macquarie is also easy, with the Sydney Metro stopping on campus and abundant bus, road and bike connections.
Macquarie at a glance:
- Ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world
- Two subjects ranked in top 50 globally and six in the top 100 (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2021)
- Winner, Employability Award: Bachelor of Arts, Australian Financial Review Higher Education Awards 2020
- More than 150 partner universities for student exchange in more than 40 countries
- More than 40,000 work placements or community experiences through PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) partnerships
- More than 300 industry partners on campus or in the adjacent high-tech precinct, providing access to internship and job opportunities
- $1 billion invested to create a collaborative campus with world-class facilities and infrastructure
- Located in the heart of Sydney’s fastest-growing region, only 15 kilometres from the Sydney CBD
- Over 206,000 alumni from more than 140 countries
- Australia’s first fully integrated health precinct centred around the on-campus hospital
- 100% of research activity rated at world standard or above
- Six researchers in the top 1% of scientific authors in the world
Visit us at mq.edu.au