Macquarie is committed to nurturing and empowering you to reach your full potential. We do this by helping you develop your practical know-how alongside your technical skills, encouraging you to experience new opportunities in Australia and across the globe, and assisting you to build your networks with our industry and community partners.
The job market is evolving incredibly rapidly. So that our degrees are shaped by the latest industry trends and can be adjusted to respond to industry needs in real time, we design scores of them in consultation with many of our 4000-plus industry partners. Practical experiences with well-known organisations are also built into all of our degrees, giving you work-integrated learning and skills that equip you for the real world. And, our double degrees can be personalised, so you choose the combination that you consider will best kick-start your career.
Our stunning Wallumattagal campus is in the heart of Australia’s largest high-tech precinct — Macquarie Park. There are more than 300 leading companies nearby, allowing you to tap into industry connections that give you an edge in your future career.
Our campus is also home to some of Australia’s most exceptional facilities, including the Macquarie University Hospital; a multi-award-winning incubator for budding entrepreneurs; a cybersecurity hub; a multi-million-dollar media hub; and cutting-edge science, computing, engineering and medical labs.
Getting to Macquarie is easy, with the Sydney Metro stopping on campus, and abundant bus, road and bike connections available. We also have a campus in the Sydney CBD where you can undertake a range of business courses.
We’re ranked number one in Sydney for graduate employment rate. We’re also ranked among the top one per cent of universities in the world, with three subjects ranked in the top 50 globally and 11 in the top 100.
Macquarie at a glance:
- Ranked number one in Sydney for graduate employment rate
- Ranked among the top one per cent of universities in the world
- Three subjects ranked in top 50 globally and 11 in the top 100 (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022)
- More than 180 partner universities in more than 40 countries for student exchange
- More than 40,000 work placements or community experiences through PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) partnerships
- More than 300 industry partners on campus or in the adjacent high-tech precinct, providing access to internship and job opportunities
- $1 billion invested to create a collaborative campus with world-class facilities and infrastructure
- Located in the heart of Sydney’s Australia’s largest high-tech precinct, only 15 kilometres from the Sydney CBD
- More than 215,000 alumni from more than 140 countries
- Australia’s first fully integrated health precinct centred around the on-campus hospitall
- One-hundred per cent of research activity rated at world standard or above
Visit us at mq.edu.au