Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
CRICOS: 00002J; 02942D (ELC)
This diploma offers professional development for para-professional and professional level interpreters working between Auslan (Australian Sign Language) and English. Students will develop their ability to be a critically reflective practitioner, along with solid practical skills. It provides them with a foundation of theory in translation and interpreting and a strong focus on the application of theory to practical skills development.
Minimum 32 credit points at 800 level or above
- Auslan-English interpreting
Standard entry requirements
- An Australian level 7 bachelor qualification or recognised equivalent
- A GPA of 4.50 (out of 7.00)
- NAATI Paraprofessional accreditation in Auslan-English interpreting
- Two years full-time equivalent relevant post-paraprofessional accreditation work experience. Applications for this program are competitive. Satisfying the admission criteria does not guarantee a place in the program
This degree is a National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) approved course leading to professional level interpreter accreditation.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
||No||No information available|
This course is available part time for external study only.