Type of institution: Registered Training Organisation
This qualification is part of the Health Training Package. It covers the application of nursing skills and knowledge required provide nursing care for people across the health sector. A graduate from a Diploma of Nursing program approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) is able to apply for registration with the NMBA as an enrolled nurse.
- 25 units: 20 core
- 5 elective
- Core: Confirm physical health status
- Analyse and respond to client health information
- Practise nursing within the Australian health care system
- Apply communication skills in nursing practice
- Perform clinical assessment and contribute to planning nursing care
- plus more. Elective: Provide first aid
- Provide advanced first aid
- Apply a palliative approach in nursing practice
- Contribute to maternal and infant health care
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
CIT literacy and numeracy assessment task (ACSF level 4) or Year 12.
Before any clinical placements can commence, applicants will have to provide: a Doctor's certificate (to say you are fit to work as a nurse); evidence of commencement of Hepatitis B immunisation; a Senior First Aid Certificate valid for the duration of the program and a completed police check.