Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Engineers have forged some of the greatest developments in modern society. Clean water, advances in medical equipment and the increased quality of food supplies are all a result of engineering. Engineers improve life for everyone on our planet. Monash University is a global leader in engineering, ranked number one in Australia for Engineering and Technology for the fourth consecutive year by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2017-2019), and housing world-class facilities. These include the largest wind tunnel in the southern hemisphere, a next-generation immersive hybrid 2D and 3D virtual reality environment, and one of the world's most powerful electron microscopes. At Monash you can become a fully qualified and accredited engineer in just four years. Your degree commences with a 'common first year, 'which allows you to explore the Engineering disciplines before specialising from second year. Monash Engineering integrates practical and theoretical learning. You can get involved in clubs and teams, complete a leadership program, go on international exchange or participate in our new cooperative education program providing three or six month work placement opportunities. On graduation, you will be highly sought-after across many industries, known for your creative thinking, problem solving and ability to excel in team-based environments.
Students undertake the Common First year before specialising in their chosen discipline from level 2. This course comprises 192 points, of which 144 points are from core engineering study and 48 points are available for elective study. The course develops through theme studies: Part A. Engineering fundamentals and foundational skills, Part B. Engineering design, Part C. Engineering application and knowledge, Part D. Professional practice and Part E. Elective study. All students need to complete 420 hours of continuous professional development in order to graduate.
- Aerospace engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Electrical and computer systems engineering
- Materials engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Robotics and Mechatronics engineering
- Software engineering
Standard entry requirements
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents: VCE English Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English, plus VCE Mathematics Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 25 in Mathematical Methods (any) or Specialist mathematics
- Plus Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 25 in VCE Chemistry or Physics. IB English at least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL plus IB Mathematics, at least 4 in Mathematics SL or 3 in Mathematics HL or 3 in Further Mathematics HL plus IB Sciences at least 4 in Chemistry SL or 3 in Chemistry HL or 4 in Physics SL or 3 in Physics HL.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|