At Murdoch, we believe that creativity powers change. We’re dedicated to providing students with the kind of education which helps them to change their worlds, think for themselves, and find new ways to push past the status quo. When you’re thinking for yourself, there’s no limit to what you might achieve.
Why study with us
Murdoch provides everything you would expect from a world-class university, including leading academics, world-changing research, excellent facilities, hands-on learning and a wide range of courses. But it’s our ‘free-thinking’ ethos that sets us apart and steers us towards what truly matters.
The Murdoch experience is one of a kind. You’ll find a community filled with people from all walks of life. You’ll find students, educators, supporters, a friendly face at the coffee shop and a lecturer who wants to hear your ideas.
Our strong connections with overseas partners, government, industry and the wider working community, gives you the perfect springboard to take part in work placements and collaborate on projects here and overseas, to build skills that you can take out into the world.
As a Murdoch student, you’ll learn in environments outside the classroom as part of the free-thinking education we offer. On campus, you’ll get hands-on learning experiences in state-of-the art teaching facilities. With access to real-world equipment and resources, you’ll gain the industry knowledge and experience you need to succeed.
Our facilities include:
- Virtual classroom — We’re proud to be the first university in Australia to offer SimLabTM technology, giving students the opportunity to practise and improve their teaching techniques virtually.
- Perth’s most modern Moot Court — Try cases in a real court environment and compete with other law schools around the world using video satellite technology.
- Engineering plant — Our nationally-renowned Bayer Pilot Plant features real-world engineering equipment, the only one of its kind in Western Australia.
- Media Arts Centre — Access our professional equipment and industry standard facilities, including fully equipped TV and radio studios and editing suites.
- Chiropractic Clinic — Work with registered chiropractors on real clients in our clinic, which features 11 consulting rooms.
- Our IT Innovation Hub and Launchpad also offer cutting edge equipment and free-thinking spaces to collaborate, create and learn in.
Student Support Services
Going to uni is a whole new life experience and we’re here to help you every step of the way. We provide a range of services designed to support you, academically and personally:
- Murdoch Advice Hubs — Chat with our friendly team at conveniently located campus hubs to get support and guidance on your studies and wellbeing while at uni.
- Health & Counselling — Find facilities and services to help you look after your physical and mental health including a medical centre, gym and counselling service.
- Career services — Support your career journey, develop your professional network and benefit from student and graduate opportunities.
- Child Care Centre — Run by qualified and experienced staff so you can focus on your studies
Admission and Selection
We offer a range of admission pathways, taking into account your high-school results, prior learning and work and life experience. To study at Murdoch, you will need to meet the specific entry requirements for your course, as well as English Language Competency (ELC) requirements. To find out more, visit murdoch.edu.au/courses.
Applications can be made at any time using our easy online system through myadmission.murdoch.edu.au.
High-school students can refer to our website for information on how to apply, typically online applications are through the Tertiary Institutions Service Centre (TISC) tisc.edu.au.
Depending on your course, we offer flexible study options, including full-time or part-time and on-campus or online. You could also take your study overseas with our Study Abroad and Exchange Programs, and international study tours to elevate your learning and life experience.