Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program provides professional advancement for those working in the fields of criminal justice and criminology. It is designed to provide students with an overview of criminological theory and research, the workings of the criminal justice system and allied organisations, insight into key policy debates and an understanding of research methods. Graduates from this program typically pursue careers in criminal justice-related fields, including crime prevention, community development, security, policing, corrections, family services, law, justice administration and policy, customs, mental and community health, local government, military services, and criminal justice research organisations.
- Stream A: 2 core units (double unit) plus 5 electives for a total of 7 units
- Steam B: 3 core units plus 5 electives for a total of 8 units.
- Criminology and criminal justice
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor degree with a GPA of 4.5 or higher
- Bachelor of Criminology or Criminal Justice, or equivalent, to complete Stream A and any degree for Stream B
Students can exit after 4 units with the Graduate Certificate of Criminology and Criminal Justice.