Type of institution: Registered Training Organisation
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply advanced practical knowledge and skills to coordinate, facilitate and maintain a work health and safety (WHS) program. It is suited to those who possess significant work health and safety skills and knowledge; and wish to consolidate and build pathways to further educational and/or employment opportunities.Licensing/Regulatory InformationNo licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- Develop and implement strategic plans
- Conduct a WHS audit under the guidance of a lead auditor
- Apply safe design principles to control WHS risks
- Design and develop learning strategies
- Apply ergonomics to manage WHS risks
- Develop and implement strategies that support work-related psychological health and safety
- Lead and manage organisational change
- Plan and establish compliance management systems
- Manage knowledge and information
- Apply occupational hygiene principles to manage WHS risks
- Facilitate stakeholder engagement
- Develop and implement a strategy to support a positive WHS culture
- Direct the scope of a project program
- Research compliance requirements and issues
- Evaluate the WHS performance of an organisation
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
- Provide leadership across the organisation
- Manage innovation and continuous improvement
Standard entry requirements
All BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety core units or equivalent competencies. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to four of the following units, which have been mapped as equivalent. Note: BSBWHS519 is new to the core of the Diploma, equivalent to its previous version, and a requirement for entry into the Advanced Diploma.BSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk managementBSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidentsBSBWHS516 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation\u2019s WHS management systemBSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management toolsBSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Brisbane Technology Park||No|
|Custom Fluid Power Brisbane||No|
|Custom Fluid Power Mackay||No|
|Custom Fluid Power Newcastle||No|
|Custom Fluid Power Perth||No|
Campuses: Brisbane Technology Park, Custom Fluid Power Brisbane, Custom Fluid Power Mackay, Custom Fluid Power Newcastle, Custom Fluid Power Perth.
Fees can vary depending on if the course is taken online only or with other specifications. Payment Plans are available to help with the fees. These fees can be spread across 6 or 12 month instalments, as opposed to a lump sum payment.