Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This double degree increases career options across creative industries and data science fields. Use comprehensive knowledge of data science tools and techniques with critical and creative thinking and problem-solving skills to apply the insights gained from extracting knowledge from data to develop a creative entrepreneurial niche. Creative Industries core units develop networking, project management and creative thinking skills and students select a creative industries major to suit their career aspirations and creative interests. The data science component covers the necessary theory and the practical tools for data acquisition, storage, management, processing, analysis and visualisation. Ethical considerations, communication, collaboration and critical thinking skills are all given first-class coverage. The intersection of Creative Industries with Data Science provides unique opportunities for improved decision-making regarding products, services and systems across a range of industry sectors.
- 384 credit points (32 units)
- Creative Industries component: 192 credit points (16 units) - 5 core units including a series of Creative Enterprise studio units, 2 specified introductory electives, a major (8 units)
- Data Science component: 192 credit points (16 core units)
- Students undertake the two components of the double degree concurrently
- Some units can be studied online.
- Creative and professional writing
- Data science
- Drama and performance
- Fashion communication
- Interactive and visual design
- Media and communication
- Music and sound
- Screen content production
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Assumed knowledge: English, or Literature, or English and Literature Extension, or English as an Additional Language (Units 3 & 4, C)
- Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C).
Pathways to Master of Teaching (Secondary) and Master of Philosophy are available. Students may be able to claim advanced standing for part of their course, on the basis of completed or partially completed studies, and other assessable learning outcomes.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Gardens Point||International: $140,400||No|
|Kelvin Grove||International: $140,400||No|