Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
In this program, students learn to merge the creative and imaginative with the technical to develop sophisticated and innovative digital products. They are supported to develop a suite of complementary technology, digital media and creative skills. Students work in Creative Enterprise studios that offer authentic, problem-based activities; select from a range of creative industries and information technology majors to suit their individual interests and career aspirations; and develop skills in entrepreneurship and commercial links to creative start-ups. Work integrated learning provides opportunities to network and receive first-hand industry experience.
- 384 credit points (32 units). Creative Industries component: 192 credit points (15 units)
- 5 core units including a series of Creative Enterprise studio units
- 2 specified introductory electives
- a major (8 units). Information Technology component: 192 credit points (16 units)
- 6 core units, 10 major units. Students undertake the two components of the double degree concurrently.
- Computer science
- Creative and professional writing
- Drama and performance
- Fashion communication
- Information systems
- Interactive and visual design
- Media and communication
- Music and sound
- Screen content production
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Assumed knowledge: English, or Literature, or English and Literature, or English as an Additional Language (Units 3 & 4, C)
- And General Mathematics, or Mathematical Methods, or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C).
Australian Computer Society
Pathways to Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours), Master of Information Technology, Master of Teaching (Secondary) or Master of Philosophy are available. Students may be able to claim advanced standing for part of their course, on the basis of completed or partially completed studies, and other assessable learning outcomes.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Kelvin Grove||International: $153,200||
|Gardens Point||International: $153,200||No information available||Yes||No information available|
QUT offers a range of scholarships that provide real support for students. Our offer guarantee can give you peace of mind about your study choices. If you receive an ATAR or selection rank equal to or higher than the offer guarantee, you are guaranteed a place in the course regardless of the threshold. This means that when you know your ATAR or selection rank you can check your eligibility for a QUT course before receiving an offer. You still need to lodge a QTAC application by the closing date. A small number of courses do not participate in the offer guarantee scheme.