Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This double degree increases career options across design and engineering fields. The design program embraces current industry trends, with a strong focus on human-centred design. Studio experiences provide heightened design opportunities for industry/consumer-informed bespoke (hyper-tailored) systems, products and/or services. Students will learn to be adaptable and resilient; and to create, think critically, and effectively communicate and collaborate in diverse contexts. They will develop visualisation skills, effective use of discipline relevant technology and acquire essential career self-management skills. Work integrated learning and international exchanges provide opportunities to network and receive first-hand industry experience. The Engineering (Honours) degree enables students to learn to identify and solve a variety of engineering problems. All students complete a foundation first-semester and choose from an engineering specialisation from a wide variety of majors.
- 480 credit points. Design component: 192 credit points (16 units)
- 4 core units and 12 major units. Engineering (Honours) component: 288 credit points
- for professional recognition students will undertake at least 60 days of work placement as part of an accreditation requirement.
- Engineering-computer and software systems
- Engineering-electrical and aerospace
- Engineering-chemical process
- Industrial design
- Interaction design
- Landscape architecture
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Assumed knowledge: English, or Literature, or English and Literature, or English as an Additional Language (Units 3 & 4, C)
- Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C).
Design: Design Institute of Australia (DIA). Engineering: Engineers Australia.
Pathways to the Master of Teaching (Secondary) or Master of Philosophy are available. Students may be able to claim advanced standing for part of their course, on the basis of completed or partially completed studies, and other assessable learning outcomes.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Gardens Point||International: $194,400||No information available||Yes||No information available|
QUT offers a range of scholarships that provide real support for students. Our offer guarantee can give you peace of mind about your study choices. If you receive an ATAR or selection rank equal to or higher than the offer guarantee, you are guaranteed a place in the course regardless of the threshold. This means that when you know your ATAR or selection rank you can check your eligibility for a QUT course before receiving an offer. You still need to lodge a QTAC application by the closing date. A small number of courses do not participate in the offer guarantee scheme.