Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program provides the theory and practical understanding of the role that property plays in the Australian and International economy. It provides details on the role of the numerous property professionals who assess, develop, value, finance and manage all classes of public and private property. It is designed for students who have an interest in the role that property plays in the Australian and international economy and a desire to participate in ensuring that the property industry remains economically and environmentally sustainable and meets the social needs of all members of society.
- The degree requires completion of 288 credit points consisting of core units, property economics discipline units and complementary studies, and is normally completed in 3 years of full-time study or the equivalent part-time study. There is opportunity to undertake complementary studies (second major or minors) in: related disciplines - Urban and Regional Planning and Construction Management
- extended minor studies to meet the educational requirements for professional accreditation from industry bodies
- or to select from other disciplines. All students must undertake 30 days of approved professional work placement as part of the Faculty's Work Integrated Learning core unit.
- Property economics
Standard entry requirements
- Completion of Year 12 or equivalent
- Assumed knowledge: English, or Literature, or English and Literature, or English as an Additional Language (Units 3 & 4, C) and General Mathematics, or Mathematical Methods, or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C).
Australian Property Institute; The Valuers' Registration Board of Queensland; The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors; Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents, Malaysia.
Students may be able to apply for advanced standing for previous study/experience. Graduates may be eligible for entry into an honours year course - Bachelor of Property Economics (Honours).
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Gardens Point||No information available||No||No information available|
QUT offers a range of scholarships that provide real support for students. Our offer guarantee can give you peace of mind about your study choices. If you receive an ATAR or selection rank equal to or higher than the offer guarantee, you are guaranteed a place in the course regardless of the threshold. This means that when you know your ATAR or selection rank you can check your eligibility for a QUT course before receiving an offer. You still need to lodge a QTAC application by the closing date. A small number of courses do not participate in the offer guarantee scheme.