Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Aerospace engineering is an exciting profession concerned with the analysis, design and operation of sophisticated aerospace hardware and software systems. The term 'aerospace' includes atmospheric and space flight. Aerospace engineering is complex and demanding, requiring talented, creative and motivated people. If students are considering entering the aerospace engineering degree they will need well-developed skills in mathematics and physical sciences, as well as good communication skills. Management involves the planning, organising, coordination and direction of the resources of organisations. The manager draws on technical skills as diverse as accounting and organisational behaviour, and builds on personal abilities including analysis and leadership. Many graduates of this double degree move into management roles soon after graduating, as the double degree meets the needs of those who seek management education.
- Study areas: Aerospace Design 2
- Aerospace Engineering Professional Skills 2
- History of Management Thought
- Introduction to Aerodynamics
- Macroeconomics 1
- Mathematics and Statistics for Aerospace
- Solid Mechanics and Materials 2
- Systems Engineering
- Aerospace Design 3
- Aerospace Dynamics and Control
- Aerospace Finite Element Methods
- Aerospace Propulsion
- Business Statistics. Years 1 and 2 are at the City campus and years 3-5 are shared between the City and Bundoora campuses. The management component is studied on the City campus for all 5 years.
- Management, Employment relations
- Accounting and finance
- Human resources
Standard entry requirements
Current Year 12 prerequisite units 3 and 4 - a study score of at least 25 in Mathematical Methods (CAS) and a study score of at least 25 in any English (except EAL) or at least 30 in English (EAL).
Engineers Australia and all member countries of the Washington Accord. By selecting appropriate studies, graduates of the business program may be able to obtain professional membership of the Australian Human Resources Institute or CPA Australia.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Bundoora||International: $216,480||No||No information available|
Years 1, 2 and 3 are conducted on the City campus and years 4 and 5 are shared between the City and Bundoora campuses. The management component is studied on the City campus for all five years.