Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course provides management, entrepreneurial and business knowledge as well as capabilities to work as a manager in merchandising, buying, retail and planning in large scale fashion operations, within the global fashion industry. Students develop advanced methods of researching, merchandising and planning and collection management to achieve commercial success, relevant to industry needs. This includes studying management and marketing strategies within the global fashion system and global and local supply chains, and how to lead within them. Through depth of research for proposed fashion industry opportunities, students develop strategic capabilities to manage fashion enterprises into the future. Students gain in depth knowledge of how the national and global fashion system operates and how to work effectively within it.
- This 1-year program provides you with industry-driven briefs that focus on fashion planning, merchandising and retail issues in Australia and overseas. You will develop strategies for an increasingly competitive fashion and textiles global marketing environment and learn how planning, implementation and control issues can lead to strategic action. Specific topics include: global marketing and merchandising trends and systems and their application to real world applications
- fashion retail management and successful performance indicators
- strategic management tools and perspectives
- fashion product and customer market analysis and consumer demand
- industry relevant research and how to apply it for creative solutions
- product, price, promotion and distribution decisions at a strategic level
- advanced knowledge and understanding of innovation in fashion retail
- social, international and sustainability issues related to supply chain management for national and international markets.
- Computer-aided design (CAD), Marketing, Merchandising (TCF), Retail management.
Standard entry requirements
You must have successfully completed the Associate Degree in Fashion and Textiles Merchandising at RMIT University with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) 2.0, or equivalent program at another institution.
Graduates wanting to continue with their study are encouraged to apply for the master by research or PhD program. Graduates may also undertake the Master of Fashion and Textiles by coursework.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||No||
The type of careers this qualification leads to may include advertising and marketing fashion, brand management in fashion, international trade, merchandise analysis, merchandising, merchandising planning, product development, product management, range coordination, retail buying, retail management, sales management.