Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Graduate Diploma in Career Education and Development builds on the basic competencies in careers advising/counselling developed in the Graduate Certificate in Careers Counselling. It is aimed at professionals with responsibility for the design, implementation and evaluation of careers education, counselling and development programs.
- Subjects studied may include: Counselling and Assessment
- Approaches to Research in Education
- Careers in Practice
- Education and Training Issues
- Leading and Managing Change
- Professional Development and Training in Careers Practice
- Australian Career Development Studies Extension. The programs are offered by distance education.
- Careers education and development
Standard entry requirements
- Graduate Certificate in Career Development
- Or equivalent
The RMIT careers program is endorsed by CICA and therefore facilitates membership of affiliated professional associations such as: Career Education Association of Victoria (CEAV), Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA), National Association of Graduate Career Advisory Services (NAGCAS), Career Education Association of Western Australia (CEAWA), Careers Advisors Association of NSW and ACT (CAA) and Queensland Association of Student Advisors (QASA).
This is an articulated program leading from graduate certificate to graduate diploma. The program is an accepted pathway into the Master of Education. The program will recognise prior experience and learning.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||No||
Graduates are employed in a range of workplace settings/roles including: secondary, tertiary and higher education; case management and employment consultancy; general human resource management, recruitment and outplacement; and private practice.