Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program caters to students with a major in IT as well as those with minimal programming experience. It is one of the best pathways to roles in the ICT industry for students who don't have an undergraduate degree or background in the area. Students will learn fundamental, adaptable, technical skills that can be applied to a range of platforms, with future-proof knowledge in key areas like algorithms and analysis, data mining, cloud computing and programming language design. Students will specialise in one of these industry focused areas: big data management cloud computing mobile computing security software architecture web systems and search technology.
Students with a major in IT, minimal programming experience or no undergraduate degree or background in the area
- Subjects studied may include: Advanced Client/Server Architecture
- Advanced Topics in Bioinformatics
- Agent-Oriented Programming and Design
- Analysis of Medical Data
- Computer and Internet Forensics
- Cryptography and Security
- Evolutionary Computing.
- Big data management
- Cloud computing
- Mobile computing
- Software architecture
- Web systems and search technology
Standard entry requirements
- Applicants must have one of the following: a bachelor degree in any discipline
- Or minimum of five years' relevant work experience in programming (web, application, database)
- Software engineering
- System, functional or business analysis
- Information, system or enterprise architecture
- ICT management
- Administration (network, systems)
- Support (desktop, helpdesk, system)
- Web design/media
- Business information systems or information systems.
Australian Computer Society, professional-level accreditation.
If applicants have completed one of the following qualifications majoring in software engineering, computer science or information technology, subject to RMIT RPL policy and AQF Volume of Learning requirements, will be eligible for exemptions.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||No||