Type of institution: Registered Training Organisation
This qualification covers occupational outcomes for shearing at the professional level. This requires a high standard of workmanship at a rate of at least 120 adult merino sheep or 140 adult crossbred sheep per day. The shearing industry expects this qualification to be achieved to meet job outcomes at this level.This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship.Job titles relevant to this qualification include:Shearer - professional levelNo occupational licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
8 core units
- Maintain consistent shearing performance
- Maintain and service shearing handpieces
- Coordinate work site activities
- Shear sheep to improver level
- Contribute to work health and safety processes
- Prepare combs and cutters for machine shearing
- Shear sheep to professional level
- Comply with industry animal welfare requirements
Standard entry requirements
To be eligible to enrol in this qualification applicants must be able to demonstrate shearing skills and knowledge at Certificate II in Shearing level by completion of that certificate or by Recognition of Prior Learning.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Tech Wool Hamilton||Domestic: $749|
Campuses: Tech Wool Hamilton.
Resources $50During 2020 ALL fees are waived