Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is part of the Aeroskills Training Package. It may apply to employees of civil aviation maintenance organisations or to members of the Australian Defence Force who perform scheduled inspections, fault diagnosis and repair, and modification of aircraft electrical, instrument and radio systems and system components. The qualification defines the exit from an apprenticeship and may apply to either aircraft maintenance performed on flight lines/ramps and in hangars, or to avionic component repair and overhaul performed in workshops. These outcomes are defined in two streams: aircraft maintenance; component maintenance workshop.
- Aircraft Maintenance Stream: 12 core units
- 13 elective. Component Maintenance Workshop Stream: 13 core units
- 3 elective.
- Core: Interpret WHS practices in aviation maintenance
- Plan and organise aviation maintenance work activities
- Apply quality standards applicable to aviation maintenance processes
- Interpret and use aviation maintenance industry manuals and specifications
- Complete aviation maintenance industry documentation
- Perform basic hand skills, standard trade practices and fundamentals in aviation maintenance
- Fabricate and/or repair aircraft electrical hardware or parts
- plus more. Plus electives.
Standard entry requirements
No minimum education