Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course aims to develop the technical skills and personal traits you will need to adapt and thrive in this rapidly evolving profession. Build up your CV with real industry experience while you study through our Work Integrated Learning programs, which are a guaranteed part of all our bachelor degrees and can include placements, internships or industry-linked projects.
- 300 credit points comprising: 12 Core units (150 credit points)
- 8 Major units (100 credit points)
- 4 other units (50 credit points).
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- VCE prerequisites: Units 3 and 4: a minimum study score of 25 in English (or equivalent) or 30 in English (EAL). Additional performance criteria and prerequisite requirements may also apply. English language requirements - satisfactory completion of one of the following: Swinburne's English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 65%, all skills 65%
- Minimum IELTS overall band of 6.0 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 75 with a reading band no less than 18 and writing band no less than 20
- Pearson (PTE) minimum score of 50 (no communicative skills less than 50)
- Any other equivalent assessment of English language proficiency. Note: A prerequisite for many courses, the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) can now be done on campus in Hawthorn.
The Bachelor of Accounting is professionally accredited by Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, and CPA Australia.
Pathways allow students to progress from one qualification to another where the first course is recognised as an entry requirement and/or provides advanced standing to the second. Credit is granted in recognition of previous study and/or experience and allows students to gain advanced standing towards their course. Applicants are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Higher Education Hawthorn||International: $99,300||Yes|
Campuses: Higher Education Hawthorn.
Students who participate in a six- or 12-month professional placement will be subject to an increase in total course fees.
Swinburne's Work Integrated Learning program provides students with opportunities to gain invaluable skills and confidence in knowing that they have what it takes to land a job in their field by graduation. Students can also earn credit towards their degree. Choose from 6- or 12-month professional placements, professional internships, industry-linked projects, industry study tours and accreditation placements. Note: Some Work Integrated Learning opportunities are not available to international students due to visa restrictions.