Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This qualification reflects the roles of individuals delivering training and assessment services in the vocational education and training (VET) sector. This qualification (or the skill sets derived from units of competency within it) is also suitable preparation for those engaged in the delivery of training and assessment of competence in a workplace context, as a component of a structured VET program.The volume of learning of a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is typically six months to two years.Licensing/Regulatory Information Achievement of this qualification by trainers is a requirement of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
- 10 units: 7 core
- 3 elective
- Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- Access resources and support to address foundation skills in vocational practice
- Mentor in the workplace
- Maintain training and assessment information
- Assess competence
- Design and develop learning programs
- Plan assessment activities and processes
- Promote products and services
- Integrate foundation skills into vocational training delivery
- Build client relationships and business networks
- Make a presentation
- Participate in a quality audit
- Coordinate and facilitate distance-based learning
- Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- Design and develop assessment tools
- Provide work skill instruction
- Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- Analyse and present research information
- Participate in assessment validation
- Facilitate e-learning
- Develop teams and individuals
- Contribute to assessment
Standard entry requirements
Those entering this program must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Croydon, Hawthorn, Wantirna.
Fees published on this page are estimates only and are subject to change depending on individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. The above fees apply for units studied in 2020 only and may change for units studied in future years. If part-time study is permitted for this course, annual fees will be proportionally lower based on the number of units taken per semester.