Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This qualification is part of the Community Services Training Package. It reflects the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff.
- 28 units: 23 core
- 5 elective
- Core: Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- Develop cultural competence
- Ensure the health and safety of children
- Provide care for children
- Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- Provide care for babies and toddlers
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- Nurture creativity in children
- plus more. Electives: Develop teams and individuals
- Meet information needs of the community
- Provide mentoring support to colleagues
- Undertake research activities
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Students who cannot read and write documents to the level needed will be enrolled in additional subjects to build the skills required. Applicants are given preference who: Have a T-Major in English in Year 12 or equivalent; can provide verified evidence of work experience in the children's services/community services area; or can provide evidence of previous study within the children's services sector.