Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The intense pressures on businesses today challenge business-as-usual paradigms and in so doing bring into question the relevance of significant areas of business and management theory. In this complex and dynamic environment, industry-based solutions to often unprecedented problems facing the global economy and business activity can be explored and evaluated through a program design that builds on core aspects of management practice. The Graduate Certificate of Business Management offers a postgraduate qualification with a foundation in management in complexity and sustainable marketing practices. Students can choose from a wide variety of specialisations in critical aspects of business practice for their two elective requirements. The Graduate Certificate of Business Management is a modern business qualification designed to equip students with the skills, knowledge and attributes in management that are immediately applicable in specialist and high demand industries.
50 credit points: 4 units
- Business management
Standard entry requirements
- A recognised bachelor degree as well as 12 months' relevant work experience
- Or three years' relevant work experience. English language requirements - satisfactory completion of one of the following: Swinburne's English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- Minimum IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 79 with a reading band no less than 18 and writing band no less than 20
- Pearson (PTE) minimum score of 58 (no communicative skills less than 50)
- Any other equivalent assessment of English language proficiency. Note: A prerequisite for many courses, the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) can now be done on campus in Hawthorn.
Credit is granted in recognition of previous study and/or experience and allows students to gain advanced standing towards their course. Applicants are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Higher Education Hawthorn||
||Yes||No information available|