Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package. It provides an occupational outcome in the dairy industry. The dairy industry expects that graduates from this qualification will be able to perform a range of tasks associated with a person performing the job role of a dairy farmhand.
- 17 units: 11 core
- 6 elective
- Core: Establish pastures and crops for livestock production
- Transport and store chemicals
- Coordinate milking operations
- Plan and construct an electric fence
- Respond to emergencies
- Contribute to work health and safety processes
- Rear newborn and young livestock. Electives: Artificially inseminate livestock
- Undertake preparation of land for agricultural crop production
- Operate a dairy recycling system
- Administer medication to livestock
- Plan and construct conventional fencing
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
No minimum education
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship.