Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply substantial specialised knowledge and skills to design and safely apply non-ionising radiation treatments using intense pulsed light and laser technologies to reduce unwanted hair on the face and body.In this role they make complex, independent judgements in consulting with clients and analysing their skin and hair characteristics, designing and evaluating intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatment programs, selecting and using appropriate technology, and applying it within the context of safe client and operator practices and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Ongoing technological developments in this area of practice require the use of broad knowledge and the identification, analysis and evaluation of information from a variety of sources to build personal capability.Practice may be undertaken in a salon or clinic in the beauty industry or in other settings where cosmetic laser hair reduction services are offered.The use of intense pulsed light and laser is subject to legislation, regulation and licensing in some Australian states and territories.
7 core units
- Identify and control safety risks for intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatments
- Design laser hair reduction treatment programs
- Maintain infection control standards
- Investigate developments in cosmetic treatments using light and laser systems
- Provide laser hair reduction treatments
- Provide intense pulsed light hair reduction treatments
- Design intense pulsed light hair reduction treatment programs
Standard entry requirements
- Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who:have achieved a Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- ANDhave 12 months post-qualification experience as a beauty therapist with a primary focus on providing facial services, skin services and hair reduction services
- ORare an Enrolled Nurse or Registered Nurse
- ANDhave 12 months post-qualification experience in the application of knowledge in human biology, anatomy and physiology.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Coffs Harbour Education Campus CHEC||No|
Campuses: Liverpool College.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- A tunic to participate in practical classes at an approximate cost of $80.As part of this course, you will be required to provide services on paying clients and may also need to provide models for some of your practical classes and assessments. You must comply with Work Health & Safety requirements for classes, including wearing closed in protective footwear and clothing that is clean and professional for the industry.