Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification applies to employees in aviation maintenance workshops who are required to perform repair and overhaul tasks on a limited range of aircraft electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-hydraulic and electro-pneumatic components, or who perform simple repairs on a limited range of structural components.Units of competency that comprise this qualification are a mix of common units that apply to all technical employment streams covered by the MEA Aeroskills Training Package (core units) and technical stream units that are specific to a technical employment stream (elective units). The qualification provides significant credits towards higher level Aeroskills Certificates.This qualification applies to workplaces that operate under the airworthiness regulatory systems of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). Any regulatory/licensing requirements associated with any MEA units of competency must be met.
- Use electrical test equipment to perform basic electrical tests on aircraft and components
- Maintain aircraft non-primary structural removable components or parts and internal fittings
- Maintain aircraft gas turbine engine components or parts
- Repair/modify aircraft non-primary structural non-metallic components
- Apply quality standards during aviation maintenance activities
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Fabricate aircraft electrical looms and harnesses
- Perform routine removal and installation of miscellaneous aircraft electrical hardware/components
- Plan and organise aviation maintenance work activities
- Apply work health and safety practices in aviation maintenance
- Perform basic hand skills, standard trade practices and fundamentals in aviation maintenance
- Complete aviation maintenance industry documentation
- Apply self in the aviation maintenance environment
- Interpret and use aviation maintenance industry manuals and specifications
- Repair/modify aircraft non-primary structural sheet metal components
- Maintain aircraft basic hydraulic and pneumatic components or parts
- Maintain aircraft piston engine components or parts
- Maintain aircraft mechanical components or parts
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Padstow College.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You may need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- PPE Equipment: approx. $100 - $200.