Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification reflects the role of pharmacy assistants who use a defined and limited range of customer service skills. With basic product knowledge, they recommend and supply a limited range of products to customers and often refer enquiries to other team members. They are involved in mainly routine front of pharmacy tasks such as point-of-sale service, stock maintenance and display. They work under close supervision, with guidance from more experienced and senior pharmacy assistants and ultimately under the supervising pharmacist.Pharmacy assistants must comply with federal, state or territory law and Pharmacy Board of Australia Guidelines for supplying scheduled medicines. No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- 12 units: 4 core
- 8 elective
- Work effectively in a community pharmacy
- Sell to the retail customer
- Participate in workplace health and safety
- Produce visual merchandise displays
- Balance and secure point-of-sale terminal
- Use pharmacy practices for infection control
- Follow point-of-sale procedures
- Assist customers with vitamins, minerals and supplements
- Interact with pharmacy customers
- Assist customers with skin and anti-fungal products
- Advise on beauty products and services
- Organise and maintain the store environment
- Design and apply make-up
- Receive and handle retail stock
- Support the supply of Pharmacy Medicines and Pharmacist Only Medicines
- Assist customers with oral care products
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Coffs Harbour Education Campus CHEC||No|
|Dubbo College, Myall Street Campus||No|
|Glen Innes Campus||No|
|Great Lakes Campus||No|
|Orange College, March Street Campus||No|
|OTEN (Open Training Education Network)||No|
|Port Macquarie Campus||No|
Campuses: OTEN (Open Training Education Network).
You may continue with an enrolment into this course if you are not eligible for subsidised training, however the full training fee will be applicable. There are conditions to enrolment if you are a Temporary Visa Holder. To discuss your visa status and eligibility to enrol please phone 131 601.For further information on fees and charges please see https://www.tafensw.edu.au/get-started-at-tafe-nsw/fees-informationPlease ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees, applying for a deferral to your studies and if you are behind in payment of instalments.
Pharmacy assistants must comply with federal, state or territory law and Pharmacy Board of Australia Guidelines for supplying scheduled medicines.