Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is part of the Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package. It provides a pathway to the primary trades in the construction industry with the exception of plumbing. Trade outcomes are predominantly achieved through an apprenticeship and this course allows for inclusion of skills suited for entry to off-site occupations, such as joinery and shopfitting as well as carpentry, bricklaying and other occupations in general construction. It is designed to introduce learners to the recognised trade callings in the construction industry and provide meaningful credit in a construction industry apprenticeship.
- 12 units: 6 core
- 6 elective
- Carry out basic demolition
- Plan and organise work
- Carry out concreting to simple forms
- Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- Handle solid plastering materials
- Use solid plastering tools and equipment
- Prepare surfaces for tiling application
- Identify and use stone products
- Handle waterproofing materials
- Finish stone
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Work safely at heights
- Handle and prepare bricklaying and blocklaying materials
- Use bricklaying and blocklaying tools and equipment
- Conduct workplace communication
- Handle wall and floor tiling materials
- Install trench support
- Prepare surfaces
- Use static machines
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Apply basic levelling procedures
- Drain and dewater civil construction site
- Prepare for off-site manufacturing process
- Use wall and floor tiling tools and equipment
- Handle construction materials
- Prepare surfaces for waterproofing application
- Assemble components
- Use carpentry tools and equipment
- Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- Prepare for construction waterproofing process
- Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Prepare for stonemasonry construction process
- Use waterproofing tools and equipment
- Erect and dismantle formwork for footings and slabs on ground
- Handle carpentry materials
- Prepare surfaces for plastering
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Macquarie Fields College||No|
Campuses: Hornsby Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- Text book and Personal Protective Equipment.
Campuses: Macquarie Fields College.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- A Theory book is available for purchase on enrolment, cost: $40.00. This book can also be downloaded from Moodle in chapter form for each unit. All learners are to have their own PPE which includes steel-capped boots, safety glasses, ear muffs and a P2 rated dust mask or respirator.
Campuses: Ourimbah Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:Additional costs total: $400.00 approximately:- Textbook - Basic Building & Construction Skills (5th Edition) ISBN 9790170357944 (paperback $79.95 or ebook $49.95) - Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)