Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This entry level qualification provides the foundation skills and knowledge to use information and communications technology (ICT) in any industry.Licensing/Regulatory InformationNo licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- 14 units: 7 core
- 7 elective
- Connect hardware peripherals
- Detect and protect from spam and destructive software
- Operate application software packages
- Capture a digital image
- Install software applications
- Work and communicate effectively in an ICT environment
- Connect and use a home based local wireless network
- Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- Record client support requirements
- Perform basic sound editing
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Use computer operating systems and hardware
- Maintain ICT system integrity
- Identify and use basic current industry specific technologies
- Design basic organisational documents using computing packages
- Maintain ICT equipment and consumables
- Maintain interactive content
- Produce and prepare photo images
- Maintain inventories for equipment, software and documentation
- Incorporate Indigenous needs and perspectives into ICT environment
- Protect and secure information assets
- Perform basic vision and sound editing
- Operate database applications
- Interact with ICT clients
- Operate a digital media technology package
- Apply problem-solving techniques to routine ICT malfunctions
- Integrate commercial computing packages
- Assist with a basic camera shoot
- Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement
- Operate accounting applications
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Blacktown College||Domestic: $4,470|
|Broken Hill College||No|
|Coffs Harbour Education Campus CHEC||No|
|Dubbo College, Myall Street Campus||No|
|Glen Innes Campus||No|
|Grenfell College||Domestic: $4,470|
|Hornsby Campus||Domestic: $4,470|
|Mount Druitt College||No|
|Orange College, March Street Campus||No|
|OTEN (Open Training Education Network)||Domestic: $4,470|
|Port Macquarie Campus||No|
|Wollongong West Campus||No|
Campuses: Cessnock Campus.
Campuses: Kempsey Campus, Macksville Campus, Wauchope Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- general stationery (ie, pen, pencil, eraser, highlighters, and stapler)
Campuses: OTEN (Open Training Education Network).
This training is subsidised by the NSW government under Smart and Skilled. The student fee you will need to pay, will be determined according to your personal circumstances and eligibility for a subsidised place, you may also be eligible for a concession fee, fee exemption or fee free scholarship. Payment by instalments is available.You may continue with an enrolment into this course if you are not eligible for subsidised training, however the full training fee will be applicable. There are conditions to enrolment if you are a Temporary Visa Holder. To discuss your visa status and eligibility to enrol please phone 131 241. For further information on fees and charges please see https://www.tafensw.edu.au/get-started-at-tafe-nsw/fees-informationPlease ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees, applying for a deferral to your studies and if you are behind in payment of instalments.
Campuses: Richmond College.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- You are required to provide your own writing materials such as folder (for handouts or notes), notebook, pens and pencil and USB for storage of learning resources provided via the online Moodle and also work completed by you in class.
Campuses: Taree Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- general stationery, (ie, pen, pencil, eraser, highlighters, and stapler)- headphones- a USB storage device, or access to a cloud storage account, will also be required