Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification describes the skills and knowledge of a bread baker who bakes bread products working in a commercial baking environment.All work must be carried out to comply with workplace procedures, in accordance with State/Territory food safety, and work health and safety, regulations and legislation that apply to the workplace.No occupational licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
- Use numerical applications in the workplace
- Sell to the retail customer
- Produce sweet yeast products
- Operate plant baking processes
- Produce specialty flour bread products
- Schedule and produce bread production
- Identify cultural, religious and dietary considerations for food production
- Use food preparation equipment to prepare fillings
- Produce savoury bread products
- Implement the food safety program and procedures
- Prepare food products using basic cooking methods
- Control and order bakery stock
- Produce frozen dough products
- Participate in OHS processes
- Produce sponge cake products
- Merchandise food products
- Produce artisan bread products
- Provide first aid
- Produce basic bread products
- Produce basic artisan products
- Coach others in job skills
- Participate in a HACCP team
- Develop baked products
- Advise on products and services
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Coffs Harbour Education Campus CHEC||No|
|Nepean College, Kingswood Campus||No|
|Orange College, March Street Campus||No|
|Ultimo College, Main Campus||No|
Campuses: Coffs Harbour Education Campus CHEC.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES** - Chef's / baker's full uniform, approximately $80 - Safety footwear, approximately $60 - Tools of the trade, approximately $160 - Pen, paper and USB
Campuses: Kingscliff Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- Chef's / baker's full uniform, approximately $80- Safety footwear, approximately $60- Tools of the trade, approximately $160- Pen, paper and USB
Campuses: Nepean College, Kingswood Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- Baking uniform and toolbox with equipment $250.00-$350.00
Campuses: Orange College, March Street Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You are required to provide an industry standard safety uniform and a baking tool kit. Approximate cost for: - uniform $90- shoes $80- kit $215
Campuses: Ultimo College, Main Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- additional costs involved are toolkit, footwear and uniforms which are required for all practical sessions
Campuses: Wollongong Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**Further costs in addition to your student fees may be applicable for this qualification. These costs are to provide you with additional resources and/or Incidentals to support your learning. The following Incidentals can be sourced by yourself: Full Chefs Uniform approx $100.00Leather Safety Boots approx $100.00Chefs Tool Kit approx $300.00Reference Text approx $120.00