Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is suitable for legal receptionists who apply a broad range of administrative competencies in a legal environment. They would use some discretion and judgement and may provide technical advice and support to a team.Licensing/Regulatory InformationNo licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- 13 units: 2 core
- 11 elective
- Contribute to workplace innovation
- Write simple documents
- Handle receipt and despatch of information
- Use legal terminology in order to carry out tasks
- Assist in prioritising and planning activities in a legal practice
- Design and produce text documents
- Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- Work effectively with diversity
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Organise schedules
- Create electronic presentations
- Carry out search of the public record
- Process payroll
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- Create and use databases
- Recommend products and services
- Maintain business resources
- Produce desktop published documents
- Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- Apply knowledge of the legal system to complete tasks
- Produce spreadsheets
- Work effectively as an off-site worker
- Conduct online transactions
- Organise personal work priorities and development
- Apply the principles of confidentiality and security within the legal environment
- Maintain records for time and disbursements in a legal practice
- Design and produce business documents
- Organise workplace information
- Maintain financial records
- Deliver court documentation
- Maintain a general ledger
- Process customer complaints
- Produce texts from notes
- Produce texts from audio transcription
- Use business technology
- Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy
- Utilise a knowledge management system
- Process accounts payable and receivable
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Northern Beaches Campus||No|
|St Leonards Campus||No|
|Sutherland College, Gymea Campus||No|
|Ultimo College, Main Campus||No|
|Wetherill Park College||No|
Campuses: Granville College.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**- You will be required to supply your own USB and headset. - Electronic copies of course material will be provided
Campuses: Hornsby Campus, Meadowbank Campus, St Leonards Campus, Sutherland College, Gymea Campus, Ultimo College, Main Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:Students may be required to spend up to $100 for additional resources
Campuses: Liverpool College.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will be required to supply your own USB and headset which you will keep when you complete your study:
Campuses: Northern Beaches Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- Students may be required to spend up to $100 for additional resources
Campuses: Wetherill Park College.
A fee applies for most TAFE NSW courses and must be paid when you enrol. The amount you pay depends on the type of course you study, and on your personal circumstances. An initial payment of $80 is required to confirm your enrolment into this course. If you do not wish to continue with your enrolment, you must formally advise Customer Service of your withdrawal. If you do not withdraw prior to the commencement date of the course, this initial payment is non-refundable. Please contact us on 13 79 74 for further information.**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**- Students must purchase a USB. - Electronic copies of Course Manuals are provided and students may wish to print these at their own expense. - Course Manuals are NOT to be printed at TAFE unless paid by the Student in the Library.