Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is part of the Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package. It provides a trade outcome in roof plumbing.
- 25 units: 22 core
- 3 elective
- Perform routine gas tungsten arc welding
- Carry out levelling
- Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- Handle and store plumbing materials
- Locate and clear blockages
- Receive roofing materials
- Drain work site
- Operate personnel and materials hoists
- Operate elevated work platforms
- Work safely on roofs
- Carry out interactive workplace communication
- Collect and store roof water
- Select and install roof sheeting and wall cladding
- Carry out simple concreting and rendering
- Provide basic emergency life support
- Fabricate and install external flashings
- Install trench support
- Install roof coverings to curved roof structures
- Carry out WHS requirements
- Read plans and calculate plumbing quantities
- Install roof components
- Cut and join sheet metal
- Fabricate and install non-ferrous pressure piping
- Carry out load slinging of off-site materials
- Select and fit insulation and sheathing
- Cut using oxy-LPG-acetylene equipment
- Install composite roof systems
- Fabricate and install roof drainage components
- Install stormwater and sub-soil drainage systems
- Work safely at heights
- Perform routine gas metal arc welding
- Work effectively in the plumbing and services sector
- Weld using manual metal arc welding equipment
- Weld polyethylene and polypropylene pipes using fusion method
- Weld using oxy-acetylene equipment
- Mark out materials
- Fabricate roof coverings for curved structures
- Flash penetrations through roofs and walls
- Use plumbing hand and power tools
- Install acoustic and thermal environmental protection systems
- Install prefabricated inspection openings and enclosures
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Coffs Harbour Campus||Domestic: $7,960||No|
|Mount Druitt College||Domestic: $8,140||No|
|Sutherland College, Gymea Campus||No|
Campuses: Albury Campus.
"**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:Students are required to provide and bring to each session appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include:safety glasses, gloves, safety footwear, suitable clothing such as cotton drill work wear and other equipment (e.g. ear protection or respiratory masks) in line with industry requirements for their workplace or worksite.
Campuses: Coffs Harbour Campus, Maitland Campus.
Subsidised fee free enrolment for apprentices with signed training contract.
Campuses: Mount Druitt College.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:Materials fee - $375
Campuses: Sutherland College, Gymea Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- Subsidised fee free enrolment for apprentices with signed training contract.
Campuses: Tamworth Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- Course related fee of $270 for materials used during practical sessions.TAFE NSW will provide the following resources:- Workbooks:- ecopy's of codes & standards (hard copies can be provide however will incur a charge)