Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification reflects the role of sign manufacturers who design and produce signs and graphics for a range of purposes.Signs and graphics can be produced using a range of traditional and contemporary techniques, often involving the use of advanced printing software and technology, and a range of methods for illumination and fabrication.No licensing, legislative, regulatory, or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of endorsement.
16 units of competency, 7 core units, 9 elective units.
- Perform routine gas tungsten arc welding
- Produce and apply vinyl signs
- Work safely around electrical sources, services and assets
- Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level
- Identify construction work hazards and select risk control strategies
- Identify and apply information in construction plans, drawings and specifications
- Paint letters and decorative effects for signs
- Work safely on scaffolding higher than two metres
- Operate elevated work platforms up to 11 metres
- Apply gilding to signs
- Engrave signs
- Prepare surfaces for signs
- Colour manage signs
- Paint lines and scrolls
- Fabricate signs
- Set up, operate and maintain computer numerically controlled (CNC) machining and processing centres
- Install LED technology into signs
- Perform routine gas metal arc welding
- Apply basic levelling procedures
- Erect and install signs
- Hand render pictorials
- Apply surface coatings by spray gun
- Apply vehicle body film wrapping
- Produce airbrushed signs
- Print digital signs
- Design and lay out digital signs for production
- Manufacture gas-charged glass-formed illuminated signs
- Hand draw chalkboards and showcards
- Screen-print signs
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Druitt College||No|
|Ultimo College, Main Campus||No|
Campuses: Maitland Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- Safety Glasses: $10- Ear Protection: $20- Rubber Gloves: $5- Protective Clothing, Drill Pants and Shirts: $120 - Steel Capped Boots: $120
Campuses: Mount Druitt College.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**$250 Material Fee
Campuses: Wollongong Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:Personal Protective Equipment - You will need to bring all appropriate PPE to each class. Students must also bring a ruler, pens and pencils, notepad and calculator.