Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification provides a general vocational outcome in greenkeeping. The sports turf industry expects this qualification to be achieved to meet job outcomes at this level.No occupational licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- 16 units: 11 core
- 5 elective
- Control plant pests, diseases and disorders
- Renovate sports turf
- Troubleshoot irrigation systems
- Prepare and apply chemicals
- Transport and store chemicals
- Install pressurised irrigation systems
- Operate machinery and equipment
- Implement a plant nutrition program
- Coordinate work site activities
- Implement a grassed area maintenance program
- Install drainage systems
- Contribute to work health and safety processes
- Control weeds
- Provide information on plants and their culture
- Implement soil improvements for garden and turf areas
- Operate pressurised irrigation systems
- Apply environmentally sustainable work practices
- Sample soils and interpret results
- Establish turf
- Maintain pressurised irrigation systems
- Construct turf playing surfaces
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Kurri Kurri Campus||No|
|Primary Industries Centre||Domestic: $10,890|
|Wollongbar Campus||Domestic: $10,890||No|
Campuses: Kurri Kurri Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- course works evidence guide: $50.00 per year- chemical applications licence (AQF3): $50.00- 2 x USB flashdrives (2MB to 4MB each): $30.00- writing material (pens and paper): $70.00- calculator (NOT mobile phone): $40.00- scale rule (1:100, 1:200, 1:500): $20.00- ear plugs: $10.00- sunscreen: $20.00- safety glasses: $10.00- leather work gloves/riggers gloves: $10.00- dust masks: $10.00- WHS approved boots: $80.00- broad brimmed hat (90mm minimum): $20.00Field Trips to various sporting venues are planned each year to supplement course content. Accommodation costs and food costs are at your own expense.
Campuses: Ryde Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to purchase VETRES chemical application resource package from the College bookshop. Price to be advised.