Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is part of the Automotive Retail, Service and Repair Training Package. It reflects the role of individuals who perform advanced diagnostic tasks in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
1 core unit plus 9 electives.
- Core: Diagnose complex system faults. Electives: Diagnose and repair high voltage rechargeable energy storage systems in battery electric vehicles
- Analyse and repair performance carburetted fuel systems
- Test engines using a dynamometer
- Conduct non-destructive testing
- Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle steering and suspension systems
- Diagnose complex faults in engine management systems
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
Academic IELTS score of 5.5 Overall with minimum of 5.0 in all bands or equivalent. Satisfactory completion of the Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology or equivalent.
International students only.