Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification applies to individuals working in a work health and safety (WHS) role who provide a broad range of technical knowledge and skills, and have some limited responsibility for the output of others. The qualification applies to those working as supervisors, WHS personnel, and workers in other WHS-related roles who manage risks effectively, apply relevant WHS laws, and contribute to WHS within the workplace in known or changing contexts with established parameters. Licensing/Regulatory InformationNo licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- Promote innovation in a team environment
- Implement and monitor organisational work, health and safety policies, procedures and programs
- Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- Contribute to WHS risk management
- Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
- Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- Make a presentation
- Provide work skill instruction
- Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- Apply project scope management techniques
- Contribute to workplace incident response
- Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- Show leadership in the workplace
- Implement continuous improvement
- Analyse and present research information
- Develop and organise public safety awareness programs
- Apply the mine work health and safety management plan
- Contribute to assessment
- Write complex documents
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Broken Hill College||No|
|Dubbo College, Myall Street Campus||No|
|Moss Vale Campus||No|
|Orange College, March Street Campus||No|
|OTEN (Open Training Education Network)||No|
|OTEN (Open Training Education Network)||No|
|Port Macquarie Campus||No|
|St George College, Main Campus||No|
|The Hills College, Baulkham Hills Campus||No|
|Wagga Wagga Campus||No|
|West Wyalong Campus||No|
Campuses: Lismore Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- General stationery, (ie, pen, pencil, eraser, highlighters and stapler)- A4 ring binder and dividers- Plastic sleeves for handouts. - Headphones and a USB storage device or access to a cloud storage account .
Campuses: Liverpool College.
An initial payment of $80 is required to confirm your enrolment into this course. If you do not wish to continue with your enrolment, you must formally advise Customer Service of your withdrawal. If you do not withdraw prior to the first date of the course, this initial payment is non-refundable. If you have any further questions, please contact us on 13 79 74.**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- You will need to provide stationery and have access to technology off campus.- Learners may wish to purchase a general Work Health and Safety text/ reference book however this is not mandatory.
Campuses: Newcastle Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- general stationery items- a USB- headphonesSome softcopy resources and workbooks are provided. If hard copies are required, this will be at your own expense.
Campuses: OTEN (Open Training Education Network), OTEN (Open Training Education Network).
You may continue with an enrolment into this course if you are not eligible for subsidised training, however the full training fee will be applicable. There are conditions to enrolment if you are a Temporary Visa Holder. To discuss your visa status and eligibility to enrol please phone 131 601.For further information on fees and charges please see https://www.tafensw.edu.au/get-started-at-tafe-nsw/fees-informationPlease ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees, applying for a deferral to your studies and if you are behind in payment of instalments.
Campuses: St George College, Main Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- acces to a computer with reliable internet connection and have the skills to use basic features of microsoft office such as: word, excel and powerpoint.