Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification has been developed to help address the current skills shortage within the engineering sector. It aims to provide you with an industry based qualification and provide a more efficient career pathway for graduates and tradespeople.
18 core units plus electives.
- Core: Perform engineering measurements
- Perform computations
- Use graphical techniques and perform simple statistical computations
- Principles of OHS in the work environment
- Plan to undertake a routine task
- Plan a complete activity
- Apply quality systems
- Apply quality procedures
- Organise and communicate information
- Work with others in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment
- Interact with computing technology
- Research and analyse engineering information
- Communicate with individuals and small groups
- Interpret specifications and manuals
- Report technical information
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
You must be employed in a current Contract of Training studying in the third year of your apprenticeship, or have completed a Certificate III or equivalent in a Mechanical Engineering or Fabrication area, and provide evidence of this when you enrol.